Dubuque County: 141 New Cases, 98 Recoveries, and 1 Death. 3,286 Active Cases. Iowa: 4,346 New Cases, 1,513 Recoveries, 25 Deaths, and 23 More Long-Term Care Facility Outbreaks
Dubuque County: 141 New Cases, 98 Recoveries, and 1 Death. 3,286 Active Cases
Iowa: 4,346 New Cases, 1,513 Recoveries, 25 Deaths, and 23 More Long-Term Care Facility Outbreaks
Convalescent Plasma Needed!
"Convalescent plasma" is plasma that can be collected from those who have recovered from COVID-19. It is used to treat those currently suffering symptoms and local healthcare providers are experiencing a critical shortage of convalescent plasma. If you have recovered from COVID-19, please consider donating to help those who are fighting COVID.
LOCAL OPTIONS FOR PLASMA DONATIONS:
American Red Cross: Call 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or find the nearest donation center by visiting RedCrossBlood.org.
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center: Complete a self-referral form at bloodcenter.org/cp to see if you are eligible or call 833-610-1025.
Question on the Governor's Proclamation?
If you have questions regarding the Governor's Proclamations related to COVID-19, there have been phone numbers established to provide guidance and answers:
- Proclamation questions: 515-281-5211
- Legal Line 800-332-0419
For more information on the proclamations, visit https://governor.iowa.gov/press-release/gov-reynolds-signs-new-proclamation-modifying-public-health-measures
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today):
- Dubuque County: 141 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 8,410
- Iowa: 4,346 new cases. Total confirmed cases to date = 203,033
- Dubuque County: 3,286 active cases (42 more than yesterday)
- Dubuque County: 1 additional death. Total deaths to date = 89
- Iowa: 25 additional deaths. Total deaths to date = 2,127
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 51 as of Nov. 18. (same as Nov. 17.)
- Iowans Currently hospitalized = 1,447 (69 less than yesterday.)
- Dubuque County: New recoveries = 98. Total number of recoveries = 5,035
- Iowa: New recoveries = 1,513. Total number of recoveries = 114,292
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
Dubuque County: 4 long-term care facility outbreaks (same as yesterday) with 176 positive cases (75 more than yesterday), 9 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 87 recoveries (53 more than yesterday):
- Dubuque Specialty Care, Dubuque (70 positive cases, 7 in the last 14 days, and 41 recoveries)
- Luther Manor Communities, Dubuque (82 positive cases, 0 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 25 recoveries)
- ManorCare Health Services, Dubuque (13 positive cases, 0 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 5 recoveries)
- Shady Rest Care Center, Cascade (11 positive cases, 2 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 2 recoveries)
Iowa: 117* outbreaks (23 more than yesterday) with 4,282 positive cases, 1,882 recoveries, and 982 deaths to date.
* Record High
TESTING & POSITIVITY RATE (Calculated by IDPH)
- 302 more individuals tested. Total residents tested to date = 42,044
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 22.1%, average to date = 20%.
- 10,758 more individuals tested. Total Iowa residents tested to date = 1,144,671
- Test Positivity Rate: 14-day average = 22.6%, average to date = 17.7%
For the most current information on COVID-19, visit https://coronavirus.iowa.gov.
For COVID-19 information specific to Dubuque County, visit www.dubuquecounty.org/COVID19
Randy Gehl, Public Information Officer
Email Randy Gehl
This message is from the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team, which includes staff from the from the Dubuque County Health Department, City of Dubuque Health Department, Dubuque County Emergency Management Agency, and the Dubuque Visiting Nurse Association.