Peosta Special Election
Election Date - January 25, 2022
Important Dates and Deadlines
- November 29: First day to request mailed absentee ballots. Please note that absentee ballots for the Peosta Special Election cannot be mailed until ballots are ready. It is anticipated sometime after January 5th.
- November 29 – December 29: City of Peosta candidate filing period. File with Dubuque County Auditor, 4th floor of the Courthouse. Papers must be filed in the Dubuque Auditor’s office by 5:00 p.m. on the 29th.
- Monday, January 3: City of Peosta candidate objection deadline 12:00 pm (noon). Withdrawal deadline, 5:00 pm. Dubuque Auditor’s office open until 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 5: First day absentee ballots can be available for regular City of Peosta Special Election. First day to mail out absentee ballots. Ballots may not be available yet, please check with the Auditor’s office.
- Monday, January 10: Voter pre-registration deadline, 5:00 p.m. Voters may still register after this date using election day registration procedure (ID and proof of address required). Correctly completed Voter Registration forms post marked by 1/10/2022 are considered timely even after received after this date.
- Monday, January 10: Deadline to request mailed absentee ballot. Request forms must be in our office by 5:00 p.m. (post marks don’t count).
- Monday, January 17: County Auditor’s office will be closed in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- Friday, January 21: Last day to submit written challenges to absentee voters for City of Peosta Special Election. Auditor’s office will be open to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, January 24: Last day to vote in-person at the Auditor’s Office,
- Tuesday, January 25: Election Day. Polls open 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Peosta Community Center, 7896 Burds Rd, Peosta, IA. All absentee ballots must be received by 8:00 pm to be considered on time to be counted.
- Monday, January 31: Canvass by Board of Supervisors.
- Thursday, February 3: Recount request deadline for City of Peosta Special Election. Requests must be filed in writing by 5:00 p.m. with the Auditor.