he Dubuque County Health Department is working closely with the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), the City of Dubuque Health Services Department and the Dubuque County Healthcare Preparedness Coalition in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Free Local COVID-19 Testing Opportunities
Dubuque Test Iowa Clinics
Beginning on Monday, Sept. 28, Iowans will have another location in Dubuque County to be tested for COVID-19.
Grand River Medical Group will start offering free testing for Iowa residents through the Test Iowa Initiative at its Respiratory Clinic location (1400 University Ave., Apt. #6) on Monday. Hours of operation will be Mondays – Thursdays, 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m., by appointment only, scheduled online through the Test Iowa website. Those who want to be tested through the Test Iowa program must go to Testiowa.com and complete the questionnaire. After they complete the questionnaire, they will receive a QR code and may request an appointment at a local clinic location. When choosing Grand River Medical Group as the location, you will be asked to schedule your appointment utilizing the online tools. No appointments will be scheduled by phone. Drive-up testing will not be offered at this location. All appointments will be scheduled as in-clinic appointments.
The other Dubuque Test Iowa Clinic, operated by Epic Health and Wellness, continues to offer free COVID-19 testing for any Iowan at 1075 Cedar Cross Road in Dubuque. To be tested at this location, you must first take the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. All testing at this location is by appointment, Monday through Thursday, by calling call 563.583.6595 to make an appointment. If you go to this testing clinic, please abide by the posted traffic instructions and do not block driveways. If you are advised by traffic control or clinic staff that you will not be tested that day due to the length of the waiting line, please leave and come back another day or go to another Test Iowa site in another community.
Any Iowan who would like to be tested for COVID-19 at these locations or any other Test Iowa location must first complete the Test Iowa assessment at www.testiowa.com. They will then be provided an identification number, which is required to be tested. To take an assessment or request a test, visit www.testiowa.com.
Call Test Iowa with questions about testing: 515-575-2131 or 844-8441561 (toll free).
Additional Free Local Testing Options
Hartig Drug Company pharmacies and Union Family Pharmacy are offering free COVID-19 test collection by appointment in Dubuque. This free COVID-19 test collection program is not affiliated with Test Iowa and is implemented in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and eTrueNorth, a laboratory services company focused on enhancing pharmacies’ access to diagnostic laboratory testing.
Test collection sites for this program can be found at DoINeedACovid19Test.com. The online portal helps patients make test collection appointments. Any individual, regardless of their state of residence, is eligible to test, even if they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Local test collection sites for this program are:
- Hartig Drug Co 3, 2255 John F Kennedy Rd , Ste. 16, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co 4, 2225 Central Ave, Dubuque
- Hartig Drug Co 8, 1600 University Ave, Dubuque
- Union Family Pharmacy, 2541 Central Ave, Dubuque
Please note that advance registration is required and test collection schedules vary by site.
How do I register for a test?
- Patients must register on the website (DoINeedACovid19Test.com) and receive a voucher number in order to be eligible to schedule an appointment for a test.
- Only pharmacies listed on the website (DoINeedACovid19Test.com) are participating in the program.
- Tests are provided on a first-come-first-serve basis.
I have a voucher, what do I need to do next?
- Participating pharmacies will only provide COVID-19 testing services through drive-thru locations to mitigate potential exposure. Do not attempt to walk into the pharmacy to receive the test, you will be directed back to your vehicle and asked to proceed to the drive-thru window for your scheduled appointment.
- The test is self-administered by the patient with an anterior nasal swab – which is less invasive than a nasopharyngeal swab.
- Pharmacy personnel will coach and observe each patient to ensure the test is completed accurately. Once the sample kit is sealed, pharmacy personnel will submit the package to the lab for processing. Results are ready in three to five business days.
When will I get my results?
- You will receive a notification via email or phone call that your results are ready. You must log on to your DoINeedACovid19Test.com account to view the results. Results should be received within 3-5 business days.
- Pharmacy personnel will not receive your results. If you have questions about your test results or the status of your pending results you must call eTrueNorth at 800-635-8611.
Dubuque County wants to ensure that all members of the public and employees are safe while in county facilities. If you are unable to find the information you need on our website, please see the links below for more information about how to contact the offices.
If you need to visit the following offices in-person, you must schedule an appointment:
City Assessor, County Attorney, Finance (Auditor), Elections, GIS/Mapping, Recorder and TreasurerPlease note we recommend using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari as internet browsers for scheduling an appointment.
83 New Cases and 1 Additional Long-Term Care Facility Outbreak in Dubuque County; 1,080 New Cases and 4 Deaths Statewide Read on...
Dubuque County Surpasses 3,000 Cases to Date with Record-High 134 New Cases in 24 Hours; 1,242 New Cases and 7 Deaths Statewide Read on...
69 New Cases in Dubuque County, 906 New Cases and 8 Deaths Statewide ; New Informational Resources Read on...
The following resources have been created or collected by the Dubuque County Incident Management Team and reflect the guidance of the Iowa Department of Public Health and Center for Disease Control. Use these resources as general guidance or display and distribution them as business owners, event hosts, teachers, etc.