2020 General Election
- Election Date: November 3, 2020
- Filing Period - Now--August 26, 2020 (5:00 PM)
- County Agricultural Extension and Soil & Water Conservation District ONLY
Candidates who were nominated in the Primary Election are automatically placed on the General Election ballot and do not need to file again.
- July 6, 2020—First day to request a mailed absentee ballot, 120-days before the General Election. Absentee request forms delivered to our office before this date will not be accepted and will be returned to the voter. Ballots can’t be mailed until October 5, 2020.
- August 26, 2020—Last day for candidates to file for the offices of Soil & Water Conservation and Agricultural Extension. Last day to file party convention certificates. Office open until 5:00 pm.
- August 31, 2020—Withdrawal Deadline.
- August 31, 2020—County Objection Deadline. Last day to file written objections to nomination petitions filed with the County Auditor.
- September 7, 2020--Labor Day, offices closed.
- October 5, 2020--First Day to mail absentee ballots.
- October 5, 2020—In-Person voting starts. The Election’s Annex, 75 Locust St., will open to the public.
- October 19, 2020—Worry-Free Postmark Date. Mailed voter registration forms which are postmarked on or before today are considered on time to be pre-registered for the primary election even if they are received after the pre-registration deadline.
- October 24, 2020—Voter Pre-Registration Deadline. The deadline to pre-register to vote for the Primary Election is 5:00 p.m. The office is open on Saturday.
- October 24, 2020—Absentee Ballot by Mail Request Deadline. Deadline is 5:00 p.m. Office is open on Saturday.
- October 31, 2020—Election’s Annex is open on Saturday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- November 2, 2020—Absentee Ballot In-Person Deadline. Last day to request and vote an absentee ballot in person. Last day to fix incomplete affidavits. Open to 5:00 p.m.
- November 3, 2020—GENERAL ELECTION DAY. Polls open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Please click on the polling place link to find your polling location.
- November 9, 2020—Absentee Ballot Deadline—Any absentee ballots that were postmarked the day before the election day and received by noon today are considered on time to be counted.
- November 9, 2020—Canvass of Votes
- November 12, 2020—Recount Request Deadline. Auditor’s office open until 5:00 p.m.